Custom Regulation for France
Many times, ReCo tells and explains required documents for clearing French customs in what is called: "Franchise de Droits". (no tax or custom duties)
First of all, you need to own the items you relocate for more than 6 months and be living outside France for more than a year.
This list up to date is long but quite easy to prepare if you are organizing it in advance.
It consists in the following documents:
- Passport copy and residence Visa copy page
- Inventory in French and valued in Euros. (considering used value)
- Non Cession letter that specify that you will not sell, rent or lend any of your effects to anyone prior to a year.
-Certificate of change of residence obtained from the French consulate
-Proof of residence in France: electricity bill, lease contract, phone bill or anything else that shows your name and new address in France
It sometimes happen that French customs ask for a CERFA certificate which condense all above informations.
Most of these documents will be provided as template by ReCo to avoid necessary research.
Finally, if you decide to export a vehicle to France, you have to make sure of the below to avoid any tax or custom duties:
-Your vehicle needs to go with some personal effects (furnitures, clothes, electronic appliances etc... ) to appear and be considered as part of an international move.
- You own the car for more than 6 months
- You are resident outside France for more than a year
- You can provide an export certificate
- You can provide the original registration title
Any question, please feel free to call us!